Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Uncompromised Soul Of George W. Bush



President Bush may know he is unpopular. Hated even. But he's feeling pretty good anyway. Is he suffering from the same delusion that has felled so many a politician before him?

Nah. Not this guy. In an interview with Fox News, still-president George W. Bush explains why he is not bothered by the fact that no one likes him.

"What do you expect? We've got a major economic problem and I'm the president during the major economic problem. I mean, do people approve of the economy? No. I don't approve of the economy. I've been a wartime president. I've dealt with two economic recessions now. I've had, hell, a lot of serious challenges. What matters to me is I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy."

Duh. How can you compromise something you never had?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always felt that Bush performed admirablly for the people who hired him i.e. Oil Industry, Military Industrial Complex, deregulators on Wall Street, any industry interested in self-regulation, religious right. The rest of us could just go to hell.

Unknown said...

He has not actually had to suffer much for being unpopular. None of the weird assassination attempts Clinton had to deal with. Tho' those were mostly by people who'd've probably supported Bush.

Zhu Bajie

Unknown said...

bush passively calls himself a "wartime president."

he's not a wartime president; what an idiot, he started the wars!

he acts as if he has only been a passive bystander to all the fit that hit the shan.

Unknown said...

It's not like war was declared.

Unknown said...

Were GWB really in danger of prison or the gallows, he'd show a different face. Probably he'd be inspecting his retirement ranch Paraguay even now.