Thursday, January 7, 2010

Change He/She Can Believe in: Obama Appoints Transgender Woman to Commerce


Ummm, yay?

Sometimes friend of the gays President Barack Obama recently named Amanda Simpson to be a Senior Technical Adviser to the Commerce Department. Weird thing is Amanda over here used to be a test pilot named Mitchell Simpson.

"I'm truly honored to have received this appointment and am eager and excited about this opportunity that is before me," Simpson, a member of the National Center for Transgender Equality's board of directors, said in a statement. "As one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others."

Whoa, slow down tiger! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

But I guess Obama wasn't kidding when he said his approach to delicate GLBT issues would be a transitional one.

No comments: